Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I am now ready

"I have come
to the ends
of the earth
for this...
I am now ready
to trade my life with"
to see the world outside
to feel pain and pleasure
to choose death
to live again
and to die for it
to give up sanity
reason and philosophy
to taste the “famine and the feast”
and drink all the wines and tears
to find the beginning
and meet the end of all things
to follow the sun, stars, and moon
and where the boys and girls go
to know about their stories
their games, their dreams
and make them mine too
to fall, to come true
to seize the day, own tonight
and save all the rains and light
to say all the words
like I love you
Can we be lovers?
to fall in love
to fall out of it
to be loved
to be unloved
to hear all the words
like I don't love you
We're better off as friends!
to feel pain
to love still and more
for a second chance
and never give up
to try again
to fall again
to love you...
to ask nothing
in return
just to love you
to let me love you
and show you
how much i love you
For these...
I have come
to the ends
of the earth
For these...
I am now ready...

Written on May 22, 2003, 12:20 - 2:15 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment